Monday, October 20, 2014

I Am The Messenger, by Markus Zusak

A young taxi driver, Ed Kennedy, accidentally stops a bank robbery, and he is considered to be a hero by many. Right after the incident, he receives a note in the mail telling him to go to three addresses. He goes there, and does good deeds there. He keeps on receiving addresses, and performing tasks. until the last note's address in his own house. Shortly after, he realizes that he is not a loser, because he has done things that he could not have done a while ago.

I liked I Am The Messanger, by Markus Zusak, but it does not rank among my top books. I found the idea interesting, but there were some problems with the book. For example, besides Ed, the characters are not really developed very well. The people he helped only appeared once in the book, basically. I would have liked to know how life worked out for them after Ed changed their lives. The ending was also disappointing and left me wanting more details. It did not feel complete.
Reviewed by Anonymous, Grade 8


Grandview Library

No comments: