Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Crescendo, by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo, by Becca Fitzpatrick, is the sequel to the book Hush, Hush. With her sophomore year of high school over, Nora Grey is ready for an amazing summer with her boyfriend, Patch. After Nora mistakenly confesses her love for Patch one night and he does not respond, she begins to have her doubts about their relationship. Sure enough, they have a huge fight the next day and Nora ends the relationship. She thinks it will blow over soon enough, but when she catches Patch fraternizing with the enemy, Marcie Millar, Nora is angry. Things become complicated when Scott Parnell, an elementary school friend, moves back to town with a mysterious past. Nora will learn secrets about her family and who she should trust.                                                                                                                                 I loved this book! It was just as great as the first book in the series, which is usually not the case for most books. There were many twists and surprises that kept me on my toes throughout the story. I love all the characters, especially Patch, and I really enjoy this author's writing style. I would recommend this book to teenage girls who enjoy the fantasy genre and romance and I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

Reviewed by Rebecca S., Grade 9
Glendale Central Library

No comments: