Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Where She Went, by Gayle Forman

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

"Where She Went", by Gayle Forman, is the sequel to "If I Stay". I should say that I liked this book more than the first book. The story in this is not as boring as the first. Many things happen this book that warm your heart. It is a little bit predictable, but it still is an amazing entertainment. The ending's very romantic and cute. I'd rate this book 7/10 and would recommend it to teenagers(girls and guys).



Reviewed by Iren H., grade 10
Glendale Central Library

1 comment:

Teen Speak said...

Mia Hall has woken up from her coma and heads to New York to attend Julliard University. While her being a successful student in college,she reunites with her friend Kim and meets Bryn. Mia is now a professional cellist while Adam has successfully started a rock band called Shooting Star. Mia and Kim try to go to one of Adam's tours in Europe but it backfired at first. Although,they both went to Brooklyn and caught one of Adam's tours in which him and Mia had a little talk on why Mia left him.

I didn't really like this book because I think that it didn't give a clear plot and conflict in the story. I also think that book used more profanity than the first sequel "If I Stay" which is also written by Gayle Forman. What I liked about the book is it at least gave me a clear statement on where the setting was in the book such as in Brooklyn. What I didn't like about this novel is also that this book isn't really suitable for young teens such as 13 year olds. Also,I think that their vocabulary is so complex to understand. Anyone who would like this book are teens that are so close to being adults such as 16 or 17 year olds. If you are a fan of Gayle Forman books,then you should get this. But if you are too young,then I suggest that you wait a little longer until you are ready to read this. I'd give this a 3-star rating. If everyone got the concept of this book,then it could become a movie. So if you check out or buy this book at your local bookstore,then try to read this carefully and try to have fun reading this.

Reviewed by Hannah Rachel, Grade 8
Downtown Central Library